Friday, October 16, 2009

College Football Picks of the Week

This is the week where the men separate themselves fro, the boys. Midway point of the season, and now we can see where the powerhouses truely are, as well as finally getting a real grasp on the Heisman favorites. Before I mention my picks, I need to get this one off my chest.

As of right this second, Tim Tebow is NOT a Heisman candidate! He has done squat on the field so far. I am tired of the media, espeically ESPN, pounding this kid down our throats purely based on reputation. When he starts putting up huge games, then we can discuss him. Until then, no more Heisman talk for Tebow. No one is bringing up Sam Bradford for Heisman on rep are we?

Now, your picks for the week:

Pittsburgh 16, Rutgers 6 - It is going to be cold, windy, and rainy in NJ for tonight's conference tilt. I just do not trust Rutgers after getting waxed by Cincy, then playing an Ultra-Soft Charmin month long schedule.

Texas 28, Oklahoma 20 - Sam Bradford did look good in his return, but like the BYU game, is going to see some serious pressure from teh Longhorn front four against his weak, inexperienced OLine. Colt Mccoy knows he needs this one to become the front runner for the Heisman.

Ohio St. 45, Purdue 23 - Purdue can score, but they could not stop a flag football team from Syosset Long Island.

Iowa 24, Wisconsin 16 - This could be a serious Upset Alert, but I am hoping the Hawkeyes can somehow pull this one out, just like they have been doing week after week. It is not pretty, but it is getting done.

Florida 38, Arkansas 23 - Tim Tebow better have a big game against such a weak defense. He needs one of those 250 yards passing and 3 TDs, with 80 yard rushing and 2 TDs. Although, if he does that, the braintrusts at ESPN might cream in their pants.

Nebraska 45, Texas Tech 28 - This line went from 5.5 to 11 for a reason. The reason is that the Cornhusker front four can get enough pressure on the Red Raiders that they can sit 7 defensive backs into coverage. Big game for Roy Helu Jr.

Virginia Tech 41, Georgia Tech 31 - I am starting to think that the Hokies are the 2nd best team in the country. All they needed for to open up the offense a bit, and Tyrod Taylor has been playing superb.

Kansas 54, Colorado 23 - Can we please get some Todd Reissing Heisman love somewhere? The guy has been overlooked for three years now. Always in the shadow of Mccoy, Bradford, Chase Daniels, and the Texas Tech QB assembly line. Just go take a look at Reissing's stats the past 3 years.

Alabama 20, South Carolina 10 - I saw this line and said "17 points??" I am going to bite. I do not think Bama can run wild on this good defense. They will win, and it will be a big win, over a ranked team.

Missouri 42, Oklahoma St. 31 - UPSET SPECIAL! No Dez Bryant? No Kendall Hunter? No win against real competition. My national title game team is toast, and we can see the steam in the sky from T. Boone's ears.

And, finally...

Notre Dame 34, USC 31 - UPSET OF THE YEAR! Remember in my orginal College Football Preview that I said I could not wait to see USC just destroy the Irish? Well, I do not think that will happen anymore. Why?

USC is not as good as advertised. They are injured, and they are starting a Frosh. QB that looks very shaky at times. The most important reason I feel this upset coming though is...

This is the game where Jimmy Clausen wins or loses the Heisman. I think he wins it here. Clausen goes bonkers against USC, no Mccoy or Tebow legendary games are going to top this.

Last Week: 7-4

Season: 38-26

1 comment:

  1. I am REALLY hoping you are right about Notre Dame. I'm sick of USC.

    ReplyDelete