Saturday, September 26, 2009

NFL Picks Week 3


Before I mention the picks for this week, I just woke up from a nap that came out of nowhere, and when I woke up, Saint Tim Tebow was on the ground, barely moving. I was like, WTF just happened? Then I saw the replay, and let me tell you, Tebow got jacked up!! Good job Gators, let your entire program get flattened by a defender untouched.

Now, onto Week 3 NFL Picks. Came back down to earth last week, with an 8-8 record. It is still respectable, but not what we expect here at SportsTown. The overall record lies at 21-10. I feel another 12-4 day coming again, I smell it... or is that what I just put in the oven. Whoops!

Green Bay Packers 38, St. Louis Rams 17 - Let me see, pissed off stud QB? Check. A star WR that got shutout last week? Check? Opposition is one of the worst 3 teams in football? Check. Green Bay is going to remind the Rams fans about The Greatest Show on Turf tomorrow, which is harsh to that fanbase.

Philadelphia Eagles 34, KC Chiefs 20 - No Mcnabb again. The Michael Vick Sideshow is in full blast this week and half the offense is questionable for the game. I do not care if the Eagles practice squad had to play this game. This is the same KC Chiefs team that lost to the Raiders last week when Jamarcus Russell's completion percentage sounded more like DUI than anything else. Russell still has not completed 10 passes all week long, but this dsyfunctional bunch lost. You expect them to win IN Philly now?


Baltimore Ravens 41, Cleveland Browns 3 - This is like if Mike Tyson from 1986 fought Waldo from the Van Halen Hot for Teacher video. It's just not fair, but of course we will watch! This country loves a good old American bloodbath. By the way, I bet 99% of this country's knockout pool pickm is the Ravens this week.

New England Patriots 24, Atlanta Falcons 20 - I love the Falcons. Love everything about this team, to the way it is ran, the coach, and of course, Matt Ryan. They are just not ready to win this type of game on the road, when we all know Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are going to be in complete Rocky in Russia mode after last week.

Washington Redskins 27, Detroit Lions 20 - Everyone and their mother is picking the Lions to finally break the losing streak. I say, prove it to me first. The Redskins have put up points against the Lions in recents years, so I have no idea why people are trying to call out a complete posh pick. Although, if the Lions won this game, Daniel Synder would electricute himself, put on a black hood, put in yellow contacts, and become The Emperor from Star Wars in a fit of rage. Maybe thats reason enough to.... nope.

New York Jets 13, Tennessess Titans 10 - Suppose to rain at the Meadowlands tomorrow, so expect an ugly game. I just doubt that set  of hyenas Rex Ryan sends out on defense would let Chris Johnson break one off like he did non-stop last week. This Titans team may become the best 0-3 team of all time.

Minnesota Vikings 21, SF 49ers 17 - I am really liking what Mike Singletary is doing in SF. They will keep this game close, but I just do not see the Vikings losing this game at home. Of course, I am rooting against The Days of Our Favre on a weekly basis though.

New York Giants 31, Tampa Bay Bucs 13 - The Bucs defensive glory is a figment of the past now. If Trent Edwards and Fred Jackson can carve up this defense, what do you think Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs will do? Especially Manning coming off perhaps one of his top 2-3 games in his career.

Houston Texans 38, Jacksonville Jaguars 20 - The aerial show of Houston finally broke out last week. Now, they have to get Steve Slaton involved. Put both together, and you have yourself a real serious offense. Kurt Warner is still completing passes in Jacksonville tonight. I think he is up to 123 comp. in 125 attempts.

Chicago Bears 23, Seattle Seahawks 9 - I cringed last week seeing Matt Hasselback get hit like that. I knew right away he was going to be hurt. I just did not know that when he tried to stand up, he looked like Timmy from South Park. The Hawks are toast without the bald hero. Bears start catching steam.

Buffalo Bills 34, New Orleans Saints 31 - UPSET SPECIAL!! It most likely will not be this score, with rain in the forecast. If Mother Nature decides to be a bitch, and is on the Bills side, I just think the Saints are in deep trouble. Remember, this is the same Saints defense that gave up close to 400 yards passing to Kevin Kolb!

Cincinnati Bengals 19, Pittsburgh Steelers 16 - UPSET SPECIAL part Deux! I am probaly out of my mind with this one. I have definitely had a sip of the Bengal Kool-Aid. I just really like this defense. Big Ben is going to get hit and hit often in this game. Everyone can just kill me on Monday for this pick.

Oakland Raiders 17, Denver Broncos 10 - I just cannot put this horrific Broncos team 3-0. Find a reason to make this pick legit... please.... ok, Darren Mcfadden goes off in this game. I just cannot have this band of misfits 3-0 and the Titans 0-3.

San Diego Chargers 27, Miami Dolphins 24 - Just stick a fork in the Phins. 45 minutes of time of possession and you lose? Phillip Rivers saw that game and must of been salivating. If Dallas Clark is carving those linebackers and safeties for 150+, what is Mr. Gates going to do? Even LT might score in this game from the VIP booth.

Arizona Cardinals 44, Indy Colts 41 - The equivalent to the Texas Tech-Houston game in college this week. This game will be a fantasy football wet dream come true. 800 yards passing, no doubt about it. When it is all said and done, I am just going with the road team, eventhough it is a mortal sin to go against God (Peyton Manning).

Last, I wish Mexican American boxer Cris Arreola tonight in his Heavyweight Championship fight against Vitali Klitschko. I just hope his fat ass realized that this might be his only shot at a belt, and did not come into this fight close to 3 bills. If he does, another Mexican fighter is going to get embarassed like last week.

Sorry for the popshot Marquez, you are still my favorite fighter, but you did get housed last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment