Saturday, November 28, 2009

College Football Picks of the Week 11/28

First off, I hope everyone had themselves a fun Thanksgiving.

A good chunk of the picks are already in for the week, but lets recap what happened in the past two days.

-Colt Mccoy single handedly willed Texas from a possible upset. 500 total yards and 5 touchdowns, which included 175 yards rushing. Wow.

I said in my last post, that Mccoy had the spotlight to himself on Thanksgiving night, especially considering that the New York Giants stunk the joint up in Denver, and all the NFL fans switched over to the Texas-Texas A&M game. He did not disappoint.

He might of just won the Heisman on Thursday night.

- I am eating my own words when I stated that Pitt is a top 5 team right now.

It was a tough, hard fought game, but Pitt should not be losing to the likes of West Virginia. They are just too talented. I did come out of that game thinking one think positive on the Panthers side.

Dion Lewis is the 2nd best Freshmen RB I have ever seen with my own two eyes. The first being Adrian Peterson at Oklahoma.

- After watching Texas A&M shred the Texas defense, plus watching the Nebraska-Colorado game, I have come to the conclusion that Nebraska can upset Texas.

The Nebraska defense can stop anyone. If you are a bettor, just bet the Under blind in that game. It has 12-7 written all over it.

Heisman Watch

1. Kellen Moore QB Boise St. - Just after watching Moore add another five touchdowns passes to his resume, I am down to 3 options if I had a Heisman voting. Right now, Moore is the frontrunner.

2. Colt Mccoy QB, Texas - He has made me eat some serious crow. The guy has been a video game the past month. He reminded me of Michael Vick in Madden '00, where Vick was not only a good passing QB, but the fastest guy in the entire game.

If Mccoy goes trigger happy against Nebraska in the Big 12 Title Game, he leapfrogs Moore.

3. Toby Gerhart RB, Stanford - If Mccoy stumbles, and Gerhart has a monster (And I mean monster on the level of 225 yards-5 TDs), Gerhart's numbers might just be too eye-popping to say no to. Best thing for Toby is, he does play against Notre Dame, who I could run for 115 and a score on.

4. Mark Ingram RB, Alabama - In my eyes, he cannot win it anymore. Getting stone-walled by the likes of Auburn to me would stick out even more than trashing the Gators next week. He may get invited to New York though. All exspenses paid.

5. Tony Pike QB, Cincinnati - Now, I know he has no shot at winning the Heisman. I just am down to 3 players, and I wanted to make a point with Pike.

Pike missed several games due to injury, and came back and tossed 6 touchdown passes! Pike is the "What If" this season. Just what if Pike never lost time due to injury?

Honorable Mention: Golden Tate WR Notre Dame, Tim Tebow QB Florida, Dion Lewis RB Pitt, Jerry Hughes DE TCU, CJ Spiller RB Clemson.


We are 3-1 with the picks so far this week, as Pitt let me down hardcore. Here are the rest of the picks:

Florida 41, Florida St. 23 - I would of liked to seen this game with Seminoles QB Christian Ponder playing. No crying over spilled milk, so we watch the Gators steamroll one of the more pathetic defenses in college football. Bobby Bowden does not have the likes of Marvin Jones, Peter Boulware, and Donnie Abraham anymore.

Oklahoma 28, Oklahoma St. 27 - UPSET SPECIAL! This pick is not who I think could win this game. For me, it is about two things:

1. Vegas has this line extremely fishy. Oklahoma is a 9 point fave, against a ranked opponenet, when they have not beaten anyone this season.

2. Oklahoma St., my original pick to go to the Title Games, is a major roadblock for Boise St. going to a BCS Bowl game. We are now channeling Ronald Regan.

"Oklahoma Sooners, tear down that wall!"

South Florida 23, Miami 20 - UPSET SPECIAL #2!! The Bulls finally have a shot at the celebrity Canes. South Florida may have slid the 2nd half of the year, but I bet my mortage that they have had this one circled on the calendar since it was announced that this game would be scheduled.

LSU 24, Arkansas 20 - I wanted to pick the Razorbacks, but if Arkansas somehow won this game, the lynch mob in Louisiana would have the knoose tighly wrapped around Les Miles neck fast. I root for chaos, not bloodshed.

Clemson 27, South Carolina 17 - I think the Tigers run CJ Spiller down the tough Gamecocks throats. Steve Spurrier just needs to find a good enough QB and he will start winning SEC titles. The defense has been very good for years now. It is time for the Old Ball Coach to get a QB that he can turn into the next Shane Matthews.

Utah 34, BYU 31 - The Holy War. My two cents, the best rivalry game nickname. I just think BYU is a bunch of frauds. Max Hall throws way too many INTs, and the Utes can still score.

Stanford 63, Notre Dame 28 - Yes, I really believe this score. It would be fitting for Charlie Weis's execution. There is no shot in hell that the Irish can stop Toby Gerhart, not to mention QB Andrew Luck. This game is on primetime ABC, which would mean it is the first time we see an execution on national television.

Last Week: 6-5

Season: 80-46

No comments:

Post a Comment