Thursday, October 22, 2009

Change of Plans

I had this nice and actually fully researched article about Rush Limbaugh getting the kibash on being a NFL owner. If anyone still wants to see it eventually, email me at TheSportsTown@gmail.com, and if by popular demand, I will put the finishing touches on it. As I was finishing this topic up, something happened.

I got a phone call from the future first lady of SportsTown, saying that she went to the doctors, and that she is seeing the first pictures of what will be our first child in seven months. It was too early to tell what the sex was for now, but she told me that it was completely healthy, and kind of looked like the combination of an alien and a tadpole.

After getting this jubilent news, I just could not finish a scathing article about how the NFL, NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith were setting a double standard on how they want Limbaugh out, but all is forgiven with what they do after a suspension, even if you murder someone. I could not finish up the rest of the article, that I have a big problem when politics get involved with any sport. That there were not many people in this country that have kept racism alive more than Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Before finishing this topic, let me make it clear. I do not like Rush Limbaugh. I do not think he should of been able to have his own NFL team. I had NO problem with the fact that the players spoke their minds in an eloquent manner. Just that Limbaugh should of been shot down for NFL ownership the proper way, through the process of the owner's vote.

Anyway, when I got the best news of my life, about four dozen thoughts flashed through my mind. Boy or Girl? Daddy's little girl, or the Catcher of the New York Mets in 2030? Dance recitals or 5am hockey practices? These thoughts go on and on....

My usual saracastic self turned into complete mush. The likes of Limbaugh, Smith, Jackson, and Sharpton, along with other sports topics like the MLB Umpires, the SEC being rigged (Yes, the SEC suspended the ref crew, basically is just admitting that), and Magic Johnson basically blindsiding Isiah Thomas with his new upcoming book. They all get passes from me for now.

My life is about to be flipped upside down, and for the better. I am no longer going to be the single entity, I will part be part of a family. This basically made my 2009, which was not the best of years to begin with, but made it the best of my life.

I promise everyone that it will not effect my writing after this article. I will still be the same sports nutjob. It is just a one, possibly two time thing (when the baby is born), where I will give the sportsworld a pass on crapping on what is wrong with it. Yes, that even means the chance to make two dozen jokes about Isiah Thomas being question sexually by Magic Johnson. I guess Magic thought he always had to watch his back from the little man...

Damn, I could not help it. I just hope there is a little tadpole right now laughing at that last comment. That would make my year.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the news. just so you know, I have a daughter and she truly is the bright spot. I wanted a boy more than anything else, but I am glad I Had a daughter. If you ever get to finish that article, I would like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations my fellow hockey and football cohort, I have an eight year old boy who at this rate is gonna end up being the next Vince Wilfork.

    ReplyDelete